Android Firmware (AOSP) Developer
Ukraine (Remote) /Europe (Remote)
HARMAN Israel is a software company specializing in the automotive field, located in Hod-Hasharon.
HARMAN Israel is a synergy of leading automotive technology solutions who are owned by Harman International, a Samsung company: IGNITE, OTA, Cybersecurity & ADAS.
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.
- Building and maintaining our AOSP distribution
- Improve the existing OTA update solution based on specific features of Android OS, identify and correct bottlenecks
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Leverage your in-depth understanding of the platform architecture to assess and participate in the technical design, feasibility, and planning process
- Dive into existing code bases, maintain, debug and expand while maintaining existing code level
- Experience with Android Open Source Project (AOSP) & Android Kernel
- Experience bringing up and porting Android on custom hardware platforms
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, client architecture or tools in the mobile space
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Expertise in C++, High Proficiency in Java, Kotlin
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Comfortable using Android Debug Bridge, Fastboot, Systrace, GDB remote debugging on device
- Experience with Google OTA update
- Experience writing custom kernel drivers for Android
- Android HAL/HIDL, SE Linux policies, Android Power management, Android thermal management, Battery charging, Bootloader, Kernel drivers.
- Experience with Android NDK C/C++ development
- Active contribution to a published Android app
- Backend Programming Skills
- Experience with Android static analysis tools
- Optimizing system image size, Boot time improvement, Performance analysis - CPU/Memory usage and Optimization
- Native (C/C++) services with inter process communication (Android Binder)
- Competitive salary based on your experience level
- Professional and career growth opportunities
- Opportunity to work and communicate directly with the customers
- Your health support via gym compensation and vacation policy
- Free English classes twice a week