Warsawa , Poland
We are searching for a Developer who will champion great coding standards in the project codebase, be an active contributor within our development team and lend their experience and insight to the real-world problems we’re seeking to solve. The company is Oxford-based but the role is flexible for remote work. Our stack is primarily Ruby on Rails but we’re building more and more in Node and are open to developers with experience in any language. Our need is primarily for developers with a back-end focus but who are comfortable navigating with front-end code.
In England, ~80% + of primary care appointments are still booked over the phone or in-person. At Hero, we believe this needs to change. Hero is a SaaS product, which aims to digitalise the consumer experience of finding and booking (and paying for) a healthcare appointment and simplify the administrative burden of delivering this service.
Startup, full of energized individuals determined to grow rapidly over the next few years to meet the growing need for digital health solutions within the UK. Our offices are based in Oxford and London but many of us now work remote.
– An advocate of best practices, including static checkers, automated BDD tests, code coverage
– Exposure to agile working practices (sprints, scrum, code reviews), and cloud technologies e.g., AWS, Heroku
– Experience of software architecture and working with business teams when building products
– Excellent interpersonal skills, so that you can contribute to creating a great office environment
– Willing to come into our offices in Summertown, Oxford when required
– An eye for design and UX
– An interest in healthcare
– An interest in managing and coaching junior developers
– Knowledge and experience of building and maintaining CI systems
– 2.1 degree (or higher); ideally in Computer Science, STEM, or bootcamp equivalent
Our culture is very supportive and friendly, and we are seeking someone who can contribute to this. As we grow, you will be expected to set the standards and lead from the front, balancing coding of your own with support for your team to ensure everyone is working from the same set of standards.